We hope your stay at Cow Close Caravan and Camping will be a very enjoyable one, so ask for your compliance with the site rules for your own safety and the safety and comfort of other guests around you. The proprietors reserve the right to refuse admission or ask any guest failing to comply with these rules to leave the park immediately without refund.
Booking, Fees & Payment
- Please make bookings by our online enquiry form, email or telephone
- A non-refundable deposit of 1 night stay is required for all bookings
- Bookings during school holidays, bank holiday weekends and peak weekends such as Food and Drink Festival and Leyburn 1940’s weekend must be paid for two weeks before arrival
- At other times pitch fees are payable on arrival, or can be paid by BACS or cheque prior to arrival.
- Please note there are no card payment facilities on site.
- Cheques payable to Cow Close Caravan & Camping Ltd
- BACS payments to Sort Code: 40 28 16 A/C number: 81269542
- Arrivals after 2pm, unless by prior arrangement.
- Pitch information will be found in the information kiosk at the site entrance.
- Please follow the guidelines on your arrival sheet for correct pitching
- Assistance with setting up your pitch is available if required. Please mention this at time of booking.
- Pitches must be vacated by 12.00 (midday) on the day of departure.
- All vehicles should turn Right when leaving the site entrance.
- A speed limit of 5 mph must be observed throughout the site. Please take care on the approach to the site as it is a single track road.
- One vehicle per pitch is permitted.
- Please refrain from driving on the grassed areas (unless on a grass pitch), and use designated parking areas.
- Vehicles are only to be driven by persons holding a full driving license and valid insurance policy.
- Please ensure that noise is kept at a personal level at all times, and to a minimum between 10.00pm and 9.00 am.
- Generators are not permitted.
Dogs & Pets
- Dogs must be supervised closely at all times and kept on a lead.
- Please clean up after your pet.
- Due to surrounding farmland open fires are NOT permitted on site.
- Barbecues are permitted but must be raised on bricks away from grass, plants, trees and other combustible materials.
- Barbecues are available to rent.
- In the event of a fire, please go to the assembly point which is at the toilet/shower block
Showers and Toilets
- Please leave toilet and shower areas clean and tidy following use, as courtesy to other users. There is a mop available for wet floors
- No smoking in the toilet and shower block
- No dogs in the toilet and shower block.
- Children must be supervised.
- The site is surrounded by farm land.
- Please ensure gates are closed behind you when walking or driving through fields with animals in, and that dogs are always on a lead.
- Please do not climb on/over the dry stone walls. There are lots of footpaths in the surrounding area and all of them have stiles/wall gaps in appropriate places.
- Please note that we do not allow electric heaters in tents or awnings
- Ball games are not permitted on site as a courtesy to all site visitors.
Accidents & Insurances
- Caravans and vehicles enter the site at the owner’s risk. No responsibility is accepted for loss, damage or injury on the site, however caused. We strongly advise guests check that they have appropriate insurances for the period of their stay.
- All accidents or incidents on the park must be reported and recorded at reception.